Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Arson  (Read 9920 times)
lil_miss_mafia
Agility Spaniels
Lounge Lizard

Performance Spaniels

View Profile WWW
« on: September 08, 2012, 07:13:13 PM »

I brought home a 13 month old rehome 3 days ago now...

This was him when we got him home.  He got a bath, he wasn't happy.. nails done.. face shaved as well as the light scraggly back hair he had here and there.

Oh the hairy back...

Dekka actually loves him..  They took a lovely romp this morning.  Sadly, he weighed in at 19.9 pounds, and even at a trundle he gets tired pretty quick.  We're working on some weight loss.

Hi!

I've never frolicked before..

Yes he is a boy.. But I only have so many hoodies and coats..  He is rocking the pink hoodie and Ella's Lead collar.  Till he slims down some he needs to rock the hand me downs and share.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 08:48:48 PM by lil_miss_mafia » Logged

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT~
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 35 Q's
Stanton Acres Out of the Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-FHS
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12
Baxtersmomma
To Be Determined
Lounge Lizard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 07:45:36 PM »

Not even kidding. I normally don't think those dogs are cute but he is fricking adorable.  I love that face. Those eyes!! He looks like such sweet boy.  Are you keeping him?

and BTW...real men do wear pink.  He looks tough in the pink camo. 

The boundaries which divide life from death are, at best, shadowy and vague.  Who shall say where one ends, and the other begins?? - Edgar Alan Poe
pearl
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 09:54:07 AM »

cutie overload! congrats.
lil_miss_mafia
Agility Spaniels
Lounge Lizard

Performance Spaniels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 12:43:03 PM »

He's a free breeder rehome..  I picked him up off of kijiji (like CL).  I've looked hard at cresteds, cockers and mini poodles the last two years as the 'future' dog.. And this year was looking hard at frenchies..  Sadly, many cresties are in the $1500 range..  And a good number are fugly..  I can't justify that.

I emailed about him, as did every other idiot wanting a free dog.. but being a dog sport person I got short listed.  They met one person before me and apparently she was a weirdo.  I took him home not sure how I felt as he was so not crestie looking..  And like him a lot now that he's groomed up.  I'm trying to tape his ears up.. makes him look more crestie..

Sadly, everything in the world is new to him..  He doesn't really know how to play.  Thinks the cockers are scary (he lived with 5 other cresteds and a 4 month old gsd puppy).  Unless I stand still he reuses to explore at all.  When I walk outside he stays directly behind my butt and bounces on my calves and heels..  He's a lot different from my two, plus he's cold and needs clothing..

Took him to walk off leash on the railway track trail with 4 other dogs yesterday.  He trundled, didn't frolick..  Been playing with one jump getting him used to it..  he wants to be up my bum..  Part of it is being a new breed to me, but part is the lack of doing anything in his life..

He totally rocks pink.  Days are warm, but he still needs a t-shirt.  Glad I bought the cockers 2 sets we never used..  He looked cute in a brown roots tee.. looks better in the pink one ;)

Rhondakbt
Lounge Lizard

Casey By Cecile 08 23 2008

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 08:15:07 AM »

congrats  He is adorable!  I like Cresties too!  frolic frolic  I am so glad you are his new momma!  hug It's just going to take time as you know for him to feel comfy. Please keep us updated!

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would have it no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan...." I Townsend
shinyblackpit
Queen Hollypocket
Lounge Lizard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2012, 08:49:38 PM »

He's great! The serious expression in the last one really reminds me of my lil guy.. I know that expression! LOL He is definitely NOT fugly.

lil_miss_mafia
Agility Spaniels
Lounge Lizard

Performance Spaniels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2012, 08:18:25 PM »

Today marks 2 weeks he's been here.  He's slowly fitting in.  He played some with Smudge yesterday.  He's slept in my bed a few nights now.  Cider is better about him in bed than Smudge.  If Arson touches her she doesn't grumble.

We took a walk on the railway trail a few days after he got here.  It was awful.  He got kicked in the face repeatedly as he chose to walk DIRECTLY behind my feet- so each step booted him in the face.  I took a walk there today with the cockers, Arson and a long haired whippet.  Far more out going.  Actually ran to catch up to all the dogs, and then high tail it back to me.  But he explored some.  Whole way out he was good.. Became my shadow on the way back and got kicked some, but huge improvement.

Norma
Lounge Lizard

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 05:48:45 PM »

Maf,
I am with Ana, he is frickin adorable.  I was without computer for a few weeks so jsut getting these.  I love him to death.   He sure looks happy and with the walks etc.  he will slim down fast.   

Lucky puppy, he has a great home!  Congratulations.

lil_miss_mafia
Agility Spaniels
Lounge Lizard

Performance Spaniels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 05:41:37 PM »

Chubby puppy is down to 17.4 pounds and has gained some muscle.  He is fitting in.  I've been woken 2 days in a row by Smudge and Arson playing directly on me. 

Cute pic the first day Smudge decided to like him

Chris
Lounge Lizard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 07:35:28 PM »

They are so cute together!  It's nice when they finally decide to like each other.
Rhondakbt
Lounge Lizard

Casey By Cecile 08 23 2008

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 12:57:14 PM »

How's he doing now? He is just to flipping adorable!  hug hug

"We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would have it no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding the necessary plan...." I Townsend
lil_miss_mafia
Agility Spaniels
Lounge Lizard

Performance Spaniels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2012, 12:24:36 PM »

He's good.  He's fitting in.  I introduced him to my parents yesterday.  They shockingly like him fairly well.  His first pair of jammies arrived.  He's much warmer.  I may go broke outfitting him though.

He's learned to play with the dogs.. Isn't quite so attached to me.

Hiking

Jammies

And he is in heaven with the number of toys we have here.  This is one toy basket worth

Norma
Lounge Lizard

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 06:54:33 PM »

Mafia,
The picture where he is outdoors running with the other dogs,  he reminds me of a small horse miniature horse.  He is getting cuter and cuter.  He is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have him.  What an experience, a dog that age and everything is new to him.  What a lot of fun.   frolic

lil_miss_mafia
Agility Spaniels
Lounge Lizard

Performance Spaniels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 10:09:32 PM »

It's odd...  It's rewarding as he's darn attached to me.  He learns fast.  I'm teaching him to weave.  Smudge sucks at it.. so I thought I'd teach it first to Arson.  He appears to be picking it up faster.

Smudge likes him lots.  They play WWF wrestling on me, on my bed most mornings.. They play how I assumed Cider and Smudge might..

I was packing and they were cuddling..

Can't sleep while you take pics Mom...

Seriously.. We're sleeping...  Shh

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0.5 beta 1© Bloc