Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: One very shocked pup!  (Read 1891 times)
Cat
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2014, 06:38:41 PM »

I finally broke down and did the unthinkable! Beau has developed the nasty habit of barking, non-stop when he is outdoors. Not sure if the voices in his head tell him to do so, if he's hearing imaginary sounds or if he's just trying to drive us all crazy.

At any rate, I did the unthinkable today. I bought a muzzle! I've put it on him twice before letting him out into the run. Amazingly he decided he didn't want to dally out there. Seems taking away his ability to bark his ass off has made the outdoor adventures less enjoyable :tease:

Hoping that it will work out so that all I have to do is raise it up and that will suffice, without having to put the damned thing on him.

Must say, it's a very nice, light weight, mesh whistle

dobie
Global Moderator

Abducted By Aliens while drinking ginger ale.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 07:21:08 AM »

Amazing how quickly they learn "New" habits!!

I'm not mean.....you're just a sissy.
Cat
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 04:43:06 PM »

escape Had to put it on for about 5 minutes this afternoon. No more barking after I took it off.  whistle

pearl
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 06:53:14 PM »

I have one of those mesh muzzles to brush kaila. she not happy being brushed. it works great, turns her into a pussycat.
Norma
Lounge Lizard

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 07:35:01 PM »

Wonder if they make one to fit Rocky?   he has such  a short snout.  I am going to look.  Hopefully it will work. His barking is ridiculous  and now that he is "waking up to spring" he has started barking again.  Got to find one

pearl
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2014, 08:17:33 AM »

i may try that with maggie. she literally screeches outside.
Cat
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2014, 08:36:20 AM »

They ran in sizes 1 - 6 or 7. I got the largest for Beau. I THINK it was for a 9.5" diameter snout. Not sure what increments they are in. I'll look the brand up when I get home and let ya'll know.

shinyblackpit
Queen Hollypocket
Lounge Lizard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2014, 12:08:09 PM »

I think a muzzle would hurt Norm's feelings.  :roll eyes: In his defense, he isn't too much of a barker. Just when someone parks on the street close to our driveway, or to our closest neighbor's driveway. It's hilarious because we will say"shh!" and he'll do it again, but with a lower tone and quieter, then we'll shh him again and he'll do this "burrf" noise that's almost a whisper.

A Great Pyr visited our office the other day, and I discovered that they have double dew claws. I had not known that before. She was so nice, and sat right away when I went to pet her. And BOY, I can see why them call them "Great!" She was a big, big girl. Those paws were bigger than my fist!

Cat
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2014, 01:09:40 PM »

I think a muzzle would hurt Norm's feelings.  :roll eyes: In his defense, he isn't too much of a barker. Just when someone parks on the street close to our driveway, or to our closest neighbor's driveway. It's hilarious because we will say"shh!" and he'll do it again, but with a lower tone and quieter, then we'll shh him again and he'll do this "burrf" noise that's almost a whisper.

A Great Pyr visited our office the other day, and I discovered that they have double dew claws. I had not known that before. She was so nice, and sat right away when I went to pet her. And BOY, I can see why them call them "Great!" She was a big, big girl. Those paws were bigger than my fist!
Yep, they have double dew claws as a standard and yep! they're BIG!

pearl
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 08:40:05 AM »

too funny the "burf." kevin's dog kaila if she has to go outside in the night will do a "whisper bark," an  "arfff" in a whisper. it's so funny she knows we are asleep.
Cat
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 04:21:08 PM »

Beau knows nothing of this quiet, of which you speak! He's an all or nothing type of guy.  whistle

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

TinyPortal v1.0.5 beta 1© Bloc

Login with username, password and session length